Developing your skills
Do you want to be a competent, confident and compassionate facilitator? Working well with groups to harness the wisdom of everyone present, for the best outcome, requires more than experience in the role of running a meeting or leading a team. Development of effective communication and leadership skills, self-awareness and actively applying compassion are all required to be a good facilitator.
Benefits of participating in our leadership & facilitation training include maxising your capacity to:
- Manage challenging behaviour and stand by those experiencing pain or anger.
- Help people open up to others’ views or generate their own new ideas.
- Foster a sense of safety and belonging to allow people to be their best.
- Support people to have courageous conversations, particularly when they are experiencing strong emotions.
- Reduce frustration and save time and money through clear design, planning and preparation.
- Work well with diversity, rank and power without shaming.
- Make group work more engaging and dynamic.
- Become a more effective collaborator in decision-making for greater ownership and impact.
Acknowledgement of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Mette’s Institute of Bodywork & Personal Development acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.