What is KaHuna Massage?
KaHuna massage is a flowing style of massage, providing a holistic approach to healing by balancing the body-mind in its physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions. It is with deep respect for the Hawaiian culture that Mette is combining her dance and movement experience with this beautiful flowing style of massage.
The KaHuna level 1 & 2 intensive has been designed to take students on a journey of transformation. During the 6 days they experience highs, lows and everything in between; but emerge stronger, more confidence, more connected and skilled in delivering a professional full body, KaHuna massage. Upon completion, you will receive an academic transcript.
- Learn the art of giving a full body KaHuna massage with confidence – full KaHuna massage – timed sessions;
- Hands on mentoring and coaching to refine your own style;
- Body reading to recognise the signs of stress;
- How to enhance your intuition;
- The emotional and spiritual effects of massage therapy;
- Huna energy balance systems using the Polynesian energy points of the body;
- How to keep the energy flowing without getting tired and burned out;
- How to create flow throughout the body and reduce tension;
- Balancing the masculine and feminine energies;
- How to use the seven principles of Huna in your everyday life;
- Special dances called Flying;
- Huna philosophy – meditation for healing and relaxation;
Hear from some of our students . . .
What is the difference between KaHuna and Lomi Lomi Massage?
We often get asked what the difference is between KaHuna and Heartworks Lomi Lomi.
In short, Heartworks Lomi Lomi uses the hands as an extension of the Heart in long flowing strokes on the Body; it takes you to a deep, quiet place inside yourself. Your breath slows, and your mind is free, relaxed and almost empty
KaHuna massage is our temple-style massage using the hands, forearms and elbows to move around the table (using flowing Hula and Tai Chi style movements), a beautiful ritual style of bodywork creating a healing and balancing experience for Body, Mind and Soul.
For more details on both styles of massage and our other retreats CLICK HERE or call us on 0407 651 600 for a chat on which is the best match for you.
Why Study With Us . . .
Five Reasons to Study with Us:
- Gain fitness and personal strength;
- Be supported by a reputable school;
- Obtain an understanding of the emotional and spiritual aspects of massage;
- Train in an absolutely private and safe environment;
- Develop heart-opening skills to potentially generate extra income.
We are open and available for any person who wishes to work for themselves, explore the body, the mind and the spirit and obtain more balance, energy and love in life.
About Mette Sorensen . . .
Mette Sorensen is the founder and CEO of Mette’s Institute of Bodywork and Personal Development. Born in Denmark, she moved to Australia with her husband, Jorgen, in 1994 and has trained more than 5000 students to be highly respected and rewarded therapists and professional coaches.
Mette’s believes that we are all unique individuals and that learning is experiential and should be holistic, integrating the body language, body awareness and communication skills with natural therapies.
The philosophical and intellectual aspect of Mette’s training is inspired by her personal experience with the Danish ‘Folkehøjskole’ (‘Folk High School’) philosophy and Serge Kahili King’s interpretation of the Hawaiians outlook on life, through his seven Huna principles. Mette also holds an array of qualifications in the field of natural therapies and completed her teachers qualification at the College of Education in Denmark.