This 6 day training course is very intensive with lots of massage and focus is placed on making the student confident in giving a full body massage. During the training focus is also placed on the emotional and spiritual effect of massage therapy.
Upon completion you will receive an academic transcript.
- Body reading to develop skill in recognising signs of stress and to develop intuition;
- Huna energy balance systems, using the Polynesian energy points of the body;
- How to use the seven principles of Huna in your everyday life;
- Special dances;
- Basic Lomi Lomi massage of back, legs and face;
- Huna philosophy – meditation for healing and relaxation;
- Energy work: how to keep the energy flowing without getting tired and burned out;
- How to create flow throughout the body and reduce tension;
- Balancing of masculine and feminine energies;
- Frontal massage – intuitive and guided;
- Full body massage – timed sessions;
- Correction of your own style.
This 6 day training course has been designed to strengthen and enhance the practitioners skills, offering a very technical process and getting the practitioner ready for clients with different issues, injuries and problem areas.
This level completes the part of our training where techniques are the main focus. Should you decide to further your studies with Mettes Institute, the following levels offer a more holistic approach focusing predominantly on the mental and spiritual side of massage therapy.
Upon completion you will receive a certificate which is endorsed by the International Institute For Complementary Therapists. This will give you easy access to professional insurance.
You will receive a certificate on completion of level 3.
- Pregnancy massage;
- Polynesian floor work;
- Body draining systems and under body techniques;
- Joint and bone massage;
- Light and heavy pressure massage;
- How to be professional with healing;
- Body language and body awareness;
- Ho’oponopono meditation … helps you make your personal relationships more healthy and rewarding.
A rite of page is a ceremony and marks the transition from one phase of life to another. It can refer to any of life’s transitions (births and beginnings, initiations, partnering, and endings or death). There are many passages in our lives if we choose to mark and celebrate them.
I like to extend that definition to include rituals and ceremonies that help adults transition to new life roles along the path of adulthood and elderhood. These rite of passage experiences can help us to live more fully and with a stronger sense of personal responsibility for all aspects of our lives. Hopefully, this expansion of personal responsibility will then be passed on to the larger world, of which we are a part.
If we create and support participation with intention in a rite of passage, ritual or ceremony, the experience provides a space for the participants to be connected and have a sense of tribe, family or community.
Celebrating milestones is an important part of the human experience, from birthday parties to acknowledging years of service for work. The KaHuna massage provide an opportunity to go through transition in life then help the transformation that take place for the individual to suit their need , mostly we aim for ease and grace.
This 5 ½ day training course focuses on deepening the understanding of the connection between body, mind and spirit. It prepares the practitioner to deal professionally with clients emotional releases which may occur during massages. This course also offers an opportunity for goal setting and for gaining clarity on a personal level.
Discover your full potential as a human being and as a bodyworker.
This 5 day training course is focusing on the integration of previous level. It is offering an understanding of the relationship between our state of mind and the four elements, earth, water, fire and air.
At this level guest clients are invited in order to create an open and safe dialogue around the emotional and spiritual effects of Kahuna massage.
You will receive a certificate on completion of level 5.
- Working with release techniques;
- Meditation for clients;
- 1 day of supervised clinic working with clients;
- How to free the mind and emotions from outside distractions;
- Improve on your skills as a bodyworker, gain new inspiration and correction of your style.
This 6 day training course is focusing on voice healing, deep bone & belly massage. You will open up to yet again another dimension of training. Minimum of one year experience is required.
In depth work with the elements;
- Trance states using breath and voice l Open up your voice, chanting, toning;
- Healing tools: more techniques, voice healing, walk on body, skeletal massage;
- Correction of style;
- Deep meditations and lots of surprises.
You will receive a certificate on completion of level 6.
This 6 day training course was born in a dream in 1999 and finally manifested after all these years. Together with other Bodyworkers (Kahuna level 6’s) you will practice and experience flying, yoga, dance, rituals, cleansing, meditations, chanting, love & laughter. Including some new elemental tricks and tools.
- Have time to connect with inner and outer space;
- Give and receive Kahuna massage and healing rituals;
- Use tools and elements within our treatments;
- Cleanse on a physical level with bodywork, yoga, flying, nature, sauna’s, swims, wind, water, earth, food and breath.
‘Your physical body is the temple in which dwells your soul, awaiting to be freely expressed in the joyful dance of life.’
You will receive a certificate on completion of level 7.